Updating MegaKiosk DS-18 Firmware - Current Version 1.0
Chapter 1: Things You'll Need
1. Mini USB Cable
2. CH340 Driver (Save To Desktop)
3. XLoader Software (Save To Desktop)
4. Latest MegaKiosk DS-18 Firmware (Save To Desktop)
Chapter 2: Installing the CH340 Driver
1. Extract the "CH340 Driver.zip" archive and run "CH340 Driver.exe" and follow the installation process.
2. Connect the MegaKiosk DS-18 to your computer using the Mini USB cable.
3. Open Device Manager on your computer by opening the Start Menu and typing "Device Manager".
4. Under Ports (COM & LPT) you will see something that looks like "USB-SERIAL CH340".
5. If it has a yellow exclamation mark, double click on it and under "Device Status", if it says "Windows cannot verify the digital signature.....", please refer to this guide Here.
6. Take note of the COM(X) number, the X could be any number and close the window.
Chapter 3: Flashing Firmware
1. Extract the "XLoader.zip" archive and run "XLoader.exe".
2. Click the button at the top with the "..." and select the firmware file "MegaKiosk 1.0.hex" that you downloaded.
3. Click the drop down menu under "Device" and select "Duemilanove/Nano(ATmega328)".
4. Click the drop down menu under "COM Port" and select the COM port number from the previous chapter.
5. Click the "Upload" button and wait for it to upload.
6. When it's finished, it will say "XXXX bytes uploaded (XXXX can be any number)".
7. Close the program, unplug the Mini B USB cable and it's all finished.